2013年1月31日木曜日

Report1-4

statement of the topic
Should we construct a water-storage dam?

introduction of panel members and their intitialposition
Mariko(40): a employee of a spa
Atsushi(50): a politician
Chihiro(63): the chief of our village
Sakiko(27): a member of S.P.C.A.

important points of the discussion as I see it
The problem of water shortage happened two years ago because of little rain, so they are planning to construct a dam. The dam is effective to save water and protect our lives from flooding. However if we do so, we lose some spas and it causes ecological damage.br>
what the outcome was
We will construct a water-strage dam.

my personal opinion
It is impossible to keep the present situation of animals when we construct a dam. However we also protect our lives. We cannot live without water, and government would support people who have to move financially. That's why, I agree with constructing a dam.

how effective the discussion was
Each panelist commented their opinions as their position. Using some figures is good way for us to understand the situation of our town.

how it could have been better
I could not understand the situation of this town, so I want them to explain the background more clearly.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Misato, thank you for this report. Your opinion is interesting, however I differ from it. I think that there wasn't enough evidence presented to warrant building a dam so immediately. I think that further discussion was necessary in the area of environmental impact and hazard control.
    ...also Misato in consideration of your classes for next year, I would like to invite you to think of joining my Adavanced English class in the 2nd semester 4th period on Monday. It is a workshop style class where groups of students create, plan, produce, broadcast and promote English radio shows as podcasts over the internet. I think this class would not only benefit you in a practical way, but you would benefit the class. Also, you might consider my Integrated Skill V and VI classes which take discussion to the next natural phase which is debate.

    返信削除